It'south summertime! Or it'due south supposed to exist. London'due south weather has had ups and downs, only my inner Californian is optimistic for blue skies ahead. If you're traveling to the United kingdom of great britain and northern ireland and don't have room to bring your entire wardrobe with you, here's my helpful summertime packing list for London. Pelting or smooth, these 6 items will help you travel low-cal and fit in with the locals.

Summer Packing List for London

Summer Packing List for London

I wish someone had given me communication on what to clothing in London in summertime when I kickoff moved to the UK.

I e'er found myself caught in the rain, overheated on the tube, or lacking the accessories I needed to survive the vicissitudes of the British conditions—four seasons in one day is surprisingly accurate.

Now that I've learned what I need to thrive, I hope this packing listing will assistance you avert the pitfalls I made.

Summer Outfit

1. Summer Scarf

The all-time summertime accessory I own is a scarf. Beingness Californian, I'd never heard of a summertime scarf before. In fact, I thought information technology was an oxymoron.

Who needs a scarf in summer? Londoners, that's who. And I can't imagine living in London without i.

Summer scarves are lightweight, easy to pack or carry in a handbag, and add a nice splash of color to an outfit.

And that's to say cipher of how useful they are when the weather suddenly changes. If you're in the UK, you lot tin can get them here. If yous're in the US, y'all tin get them here.

2. Trench Coat

At that place'southward zilch more than British than a archetype trench coat, and I've gotten more apply out of mine than any other item in my wardrobe this summer.

My favorite trench coats are sleek and stylish, and offer the perfect combination of function and mode. They keep me warm enough to accept the edge off the summer chill just not besides hot when the wind dies down.

I chugalug them up on rainy days and tie them back on dry out ones, and just like that I take the perfect accompaniment. Y'all can become i hither.

3. Umbrella

Allow's face up information technology: it rains a lot in London. While some locals pass up to carry umbrellas, the practical among usa never leave home without one or three in our bag.

Given how often I lose umbrellas, I like to go for a mix of quality and toll. I need ane that won't cost a fortune and isn't going to accident within out when the wind picks up.

I besides require i that's small enough to fit in my handbag, because there are a lot of mornings when I can't tell whether it will rain or not. If you're in the United kingdom, get one here. If y'all're in the US, this one is just the matter.

iv. Flats

I love to walk. Information technology'southward my favorite way to see London, and a great way to become a experience for the metropolis's unique neighborhoods and lovely details. But given the heel-eating nature of London'southward streets, flats are essential for exploring.

I've tested out a lot of flats over the years, but my favorites are from French Sole. They're well-made and durable without compromising on manner.

They can also dress up or down easily, so they fit with any occasion. All-time of all, they're really comfortable. If y'all're in the Great britain, get them hither. If you're in the United states of america, purchase them here.

5. Sunglasses

While London isn't as sunny as California, I withal comport my sunglasses everywhere I go. After all, it's just every bit common to be blinded by potent rays when emerging from the tube equally it is to exist blindsided by an unexpected downpour.

All my sunglasses come up from Michael Kors. They final forever, take strong cases that tin stand upward to a bit of battering in my handbag, and have great classic features. I only wish I got to wear them more.

If you're in the UK, take a await at these. If you lot're in the US, check these out.

6. Bag

At this point yous're probably wondering how I bear all these accessories around with me. Which is why no summer packing list for London would exist complete without the inclusion of a bag.

Later on hearing friends sing their praises for ages, I finally bought a large Longchamp Le Pliage tote handbag concluding twelvemonth. It revolutionized my London life and travels.

It'south roomy, lightweight, and above all, it packs so well information technology barely takes up any room in my suitcase. I honestly don't know how I lived without one for so long. If y'all're in the United kingdom of great britain and northern ireland, buy information technology hither. If you're in the US, go it here.

What to Clothing in London in Summer

I hope yous've found this list of what to wear in London in summer helpful. To epitomize, hither'south my summer packing list for London:

ane. Summer scarf
2. Trench coat
3. Umbrella
4. Flats
5. Sunglasses
6. Bag

How about you lot? What would you lot put on your summertime packing list for London?

New here? Join thousands of others and subscribe to the A Lady in London blog via email or Bloglovin'.

Some of the links in this blog post are chapter links. At no cost to you, I earn a pocket-sized commission when you click on them and make a purchase. It doesn't bear on the way you shop, and information technology's a great way to support the A Lady in London web log.

Pin information technology!
Summer Packing List for London